Friday, November 28, 2008

A TRIVIAL LABOR OF LOVE


Quick, name your favorite television show growing up! I'm sure it didn't take long for a few titles and names to fly into your head. Isn't it funny how the invention of television has shaped pop culture and the way we get our entertainment. I was a complete television junkie as a kid. I watched WAY too much television. (And no, I don't allow my kids to watch as much as I did. LOL) I actually had the weekly television schedule pinned to my bulletin board in my room. (geek) But I couldnt miss the Six Million Dollar Man or Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley. Or what about Love Boat or Fantasy Island...Ok, Ok I'll stop now.

You get the idea. I love this little idiot box that has lit our living rooms for decades. It's why I do what I do now. I would've never guessed that as a kid I would eventually have a small role on television as a local weatherman/host/feature reporter. I absolutely LOVE what I do and every night before the little red light goes on I try to remember the scene at my house growing up when the local news came on. Mom and Dad on the couch...me on my stomach doing homework and our local funny-guy weatherman Frank Deal making us all smi le and laugh. I hope I can be that guy now that Frank has long since retired from the market.

Anyway, I hope you love television as much as I do because if that's true you have found your blog home. If you check out our podcast weekly we will be delving into lots of old TV shows. From the early days with Sid Ceasar and Jackie Gleason through the decades to the shows we loved in the 80's like Growing Pains.

Join us as we turn on the flux capacitor and visit our favorite shows and the stars that made them famous. Drop me a comment on this post with an old TV show you would like us to "trivialize".
See ya soon.

Eric Chilton

No comments: