Friday, September 24, 2010

You're a "senior citizen" Charlie Brown!


It is one of the most successful cartoon franchises of all time. The Peanuts gang warmed our hearts and made us laugh year in and year out since the 1950's. Creator Charles Schulz was the mastermind behind the cartoon strip that brought the likes of Linus, Lucy, Snoopy and Pig Pen into our world. From the psychiatric advice of Lucy to the "beyond-his-years" wisdom of Linus we all grew up feeling like we had we had a few extra friends in our childhood. This was an honor to chat with Jill Schulz, Charles Schulz's daughter about the beginnings of the strip.
I can tell you first hand that the moment I heard the music of the holiday Peanuts specials I was out-of-control with excitement. I used to check the TV Guide every week as Halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas approached so as not to miss the Peanuts specials.
I hop you enjoy our chat with Jill as much as I enjoyed bringing it to you. Until next time.... the doctor is in. Now give me my 25=cents. :)

No comments: